Fill out my online form.


All your Frequently Asked Questions about renting property in the United Kingdom answered...

I need to find a place to rent. What do I do first?

Before you start searching for your new home it’s a good idea to write down a budget, what are your current outgoings and what money do you have left each month to spend on rent. Take into account that, when you first move in, you will need to pay a deposit as well as the first month’s rent and tenancy set up fees. Write down a wish list of fixtures and furnishing that your ideal home shall have such as: single or double room, bathroom, one or two beds or no bed (if you have yir own bed), wardrobes, cabinets, desk etc.

I've found a place I want to rent. Now what?

If you haven’t already, make sure you go and view the property. The letting agent will ask you to pay a holdig deposit and fill an application form and submit all necessary documents and information inclusive of your requirements. The agent will then begin the referencing process to ensure you’re in a position to rent the property.

What if there are problems with my reference?

In some circumstances, a tenant may not be approved immediately via referencing. Obvious examples are students without a regular income, or someone leaving their family home for the first time with no renting history. This is not uncommon, and there are still options for tenants in this position. They could pay the rent for the full term up front, or seek out a guarantor.

What is a guarantor?

If a tenant is not fully approved by the referencing process, they can ask a guarantor to support them. A guarantor (usually a parent or guardian) will agree to take joint responsibility for the rent for the property if the tenant fails to. Guarantors are required to pay any rent arrears (if the tenant does not pay) and for any damages costing more than the deposit.

Why do I have to pay a deposit?

The landlord trusts the tenant to keep the property in a good condition and in good order. The deposit is held to ensure that any damages (over and above fair wear and tear) can be corrected at the end of the tenancy.

What will happen to my deposit?

From the 6th April 2007 all landlords holding deposits for assured shorthold tenancy

agreements had to, by law; register the deposits with a Tenancy Deposit Scheme. We are registered with MyDeposits which is a custodial based deposit scheme offering full cover to all deposits taken. Please feel free to visit to see full details of the scheme, there is a tenants section which should answer any questions that you may have. If you are not sure what type of contract you will sign, ask the property manager.

What is a routine visit?

Your landlord or proerty manager will regularly schedule visits to the property. They want to make sure that the property is being looked after and maintained in a good condition, and they’ll be looking for any maintenance issues.

A landlord or property mananre has to give the tenant notice before entering the property, unless it’s an emergency.


Phone: +44 07703952429

Isharewithyou Ltd

Experienced Property Management and letting agent

About ISWY

Why use ISWY?

How ISWY Works


Privacy policy

Contact us | Need help?

By email

By chat

Mon to Fri: 9am – 8.30pm

Weekends: 10am – 7.30pm


Look at Our Social Networks:

© Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved.